Boyd Metals is totally committed to providing our customers with the best overall service and value in the metals service center industry. We supply quality products, competitive prices, packaged properly and delivered in a timely manner. If we make an error, we correct the problem quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Boyd Metals realizes our success has been based on dealing ethically and fairly with our customers, our employees and our vendors, with our future dependent upon how we honor those with whom we do business.
Boyd Metals, Inc. is a full-line steel service center that was founded in Fort Smith, Arkansas in 1991. The company was formed by Chester Koprovic, Tom Kennon and Ron Tabor.
In Dec 2021 Boyd was acquired by Russel Metals. Today with more than 260 employees, and Brian Newman as our president, Boyd Metals maintains five stocking warehouse and sales office locations in Joplin, Missouri, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Fort Smith, Arkansas, Tyler, Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas. From these locations, Boyd Metals offers an extensive inventory of carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and fiberglass products in a wide range of shapes and sizes. In addition to its wide-ranging inventory, Boyd Metals also offers in-house, value-added processing. These services include custom laser cutting, sawing, shearing, flame cutting, plasma cutting, bar polishing, and sheet bending. Boyd Metals also maintains its own fleet of trucks and trailers to serve its many customers in a seven-state area.
The Boyd Metals management team has positioned the company so it can maintain the success and momentum it has garnered over the years. As a regional cornerstone of the metal service center industry, Boyd Metals is able to take advantage of new growth opportunities as they arise and provide its customers, employees, and vendors with best-in-class service and security.
Why We Exist
Boyd Metals was created in 1991 by three men who believed the marketplace was ripe for a metals service center which conducted business based upon the sound business principles. These include:
- Conduct your lives and your business with honesty and integrity.
- Long-term business success is based upon building and maintaining long-term relationships with customers, employees and vendors
- Mutual respect and trust is the foundation great business relationships are built upon.
- Seek each day to provide customers the best overall value in your industry.
- Exceeding customer expectations should be any company’s number one goal. Everything else will take care of itself.
- People are a company’s biggest asset. Hire and train the best, most talented people available and to provide them the tools to succeed.
- Reward employees who excel.
- Always promote from within.
- Deal ethically and fairly with your vendors – they are key to your success.